Saturday, January 4, 2014

Otavalo

Waterfalls taxopamba - 25 meters tall
You can walk to the waterfalls maybe 5 km outside of town or you can hire a taxi to take you.  We walked to the waterfalls. 
view from Fuya Fuya
To get there we walked to the waterfalls then started walking but my friend didnt want to waste his energy before getting to Fuya Fuya so we ended up hitching a ride with a truck up there. The driver didnt except any money and the family kept feeding us beer and asking us drunken questions repeatedly. Fuya Fuya is  4,263 meters (13,986 ft) high. We climbed this in about 1.5 hours to the summit.  The view was beautiful and the sky clear but my phone (camera) died as I reached the top.  This is the only picture I was able to take of lagunas de mojanda.  We got a ride back in a truck and paid $1 each. 

Condor Park
We went to Condor Park a park where they rescue and rehabilitate birds.  Most of the birds are brought in are injured from being shot.  They did a demonstration with different birds including this famous bird here, the bald eagle. We took a taxi up to the park cause my friend didnt want to walk. Maybe there is something wrong with me but I walk everywhere.. but I find other traveler like to take taxis, maybe cause they are so cheap.  He ran into his friends at the park and they were kind enough to give us a ride back to our hotel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment