Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cajas national park

the park


the forests


in the forests


yes it snowed or hailed on the hike

llama poop, piles and piles of it


llamas
Hiked around cajas national park today. It was beautiful. So glad I went out even though it did rain for an hour or two and I got soaked it was beautiful with grasses and lakes and trees at aroun 4000 meters! I was out if breathe (I blame the altitude, not being out of shape) got fresh hot croissant out of the oven this morning from the bakery then took the hour bus ride to the park. Only a $2 admission and we only saw two other groups of 2/3 people the whole day! The park was well kept with nicely marked trails and a good bilingual map and visitor center. We saw birds lama fish jumping and odd trees that grow at high altitudes.
Tomorrow I get ready to go to an ecolodge

No comments:

Post a Comment