Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Iguazu Falls

Made it to Iguazu Falls and decided to go to the Brazillian side and see the Itaipu damn as well.  The Argentinian side had lots of wonderful trails and I spent the whole day there.  In addition to the waterfalls I was amazed at the wildlife we saw.  There were lots of varieties of birds that would come very close as well as so many different types of butterflies. We also saw coaties and a tapir.  The Brazilian side is much smaller.










Coaties were everywhere - they stole my lunch

The birds came right up close


we saw so many rainbows


Itaipu dam

above the Itaipu dam




I spent a few hours both day in the Paraguayan consulate getting my visa.  What a pain to get and so expensive. If I had known it was going to be so expensive and such a hassle I would not have bothered.  Another couple I met were waiting for two hours then told to come back 2 and a half hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment