Monday, April 7, 2014

Curitiba



Barigui Park

Barigui Park



Barigui Park



Botanical Gardens

Botanical Gardens

Lots of caterpillars

Oscar Niemeyer Museum (closed on Mondays)



View from Tangua Park

View from Tangua Park
The round bus stops, very modern



Rio to Curitiba - I arrived in Curitiba yesterday after a 12 hour night bus.  The bus left at 8:15PM and arrived at 8:30.  It cost around 157R.

Curitiba
A very nice modern city. Walked around quite a few of the free parks including the Botanical Gardens. 

I stayed at Curitiba Backpackers Hostel for $35R. Nice place with friendly staff.

Curibita to Porto Alegre
Penha bus company was around 113R. It left at 10pm and they said I would arrive at 10AM the next morning but actually I arrived at 11:30. I am not sure if the other company would have been quicker but we made stops through the entire night which was annoying cause people all get up and start talking really loud and shouting to each other and making calls instead of quietly getting on and off.  They also make 20 or 30 minute rest stops at the different stations so lots of people get off and on.  All the other buses I have been on have made very few stops if any so I could sleep the who night pretty much without much disturbance.


No comments:

Post a Comment