Thursday, May 3, 2012

Paraguay Missiones and Esteros Del Ibera Park, ArgentinaPark Esteros Del Ibera

Well Paraguay was a bit of a disappointment.  After taking two days and lots of money getting a visa I went to Paraguay with high hopes.  I tried to go to 4 national parks and struck out because of limited transport to the parks or the parks were closed.  I then went to the missiones the biggest tourist attraction in all of Paraguay and they were nice but do not take much time.  The best part about the missiones is that I saw only one other tourist it was a family from Paraguay and other than that I had the missiones to myself. I did both the Missiones in Trinidad and Jesus (where there was not another tourist) but they are about 15 minute ride from each other.  Though transport to Jesus is not very frequent and taxis if they can be found are worth it.  I spent about 5 days in Paraguay mostly on buses.  I saw one other tourist (from England) who was just as frustrated as I was as she was not able to get where she wanted due to lack of transit.  I did enjoy abundant chipa (a type of cheesy bread, and sopa paraguaya a type of cheesey cornbread) and had probably the best empanada I have had which was filled with a soft cheese and creamed corn.

Jesuit Missions in Trinidad Paraguay

Jesuit Missions In Trinidad Paraguay
 Back to Argentina.  Since I couldnt make it to any parks in Paraguay I went to Carlos Pellegrini inside Esteros Del Ibera.  The park is very nice though only has transport there once a day.  I went camping for 45pesos but the camping facilities were nice.  I saw so many birds as well as monkeys, carpinchos, and otters.  For some reason the night tours and the boat tours werent running while I was there but I would have done them if I could have.

Lots of these birds taht would walk right up to you in Park Esteros Del Ibera, Argentina

Lots of Parrots in Park Esteros Del Ibera

Lots of birds Park Esteros Del Ibera

Lots of woodpeckers in the street or you can hear and see them  ¨pecking¨ the trees

Lots of birds by the lake Ibera

Carpinchos were everywhere

They let you go right up to them

Lots of monkeys on the trail

The otters were very curious

Very peaceful.

Too bad its blurry but it kepts popping out of the water to come and look at me. 

Birds everywhere in the park. So many different kinds and colors

And a beautiful sunset over the lake of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment