Friday, March 30, 2012

Cusco Peru, Inca trail Manchu Pichu

Wow. Ok Its been a while since I have updated.  I had a whirlwind of travel in December and January.
I arrived in Peru in January and  I started in Cusco and went to the Sacred Valley and Macchu Pichu then to Puno on Lake Titicaca, Arequipa and Colca Canyon. I then left and went to see Bolivia. In Bolivia I started in Copacabana then spent a night on Isla Sol on Lake Titicaca then off to La Paz.  After La Paz I arrived in Sucre to stay a while.

The ruins in Pisac the Sacred Valley in Peru

Ruins in Pisac

I love humming birds

More of Pisac

Pisac

Lots of terraces in Peru and Bolivia


view of the city of Pisac

There was a festival going on in the beginning of January in Ollantaytamba

In the parade everyone was wearing interesting costumes and masks

Made it to Machu Picchu

More of Machu picchu

Went to Lake Titicaca in Puno Peru and went to Uros
 Lake Titicaca is located partly in Bolivia and partly in Peru and is considered one of the highest navigable lakes in the world. I took a day trip to Isla Uros which is a floating island of reeds and all the buildings and boats are made from the reeds.
The women wear bright clothing and sing and wave from the islands


a reed boat

All the houses and roofs and boats are made of reeds and they have many decorations made with reeds too

One of my new favorite fruits.. grenadine

View of El misty from Arequipa

Saw a few condors in Colca Canyon

Colca canyon tour

Colca canyon

Lake Titicaca from Isla Sol on the Bolivian side

There are even llamas on the islands

Lots of dried potatoes, I believe this is chunya.. a dried type of potato.
 In Bolivia and Peru they each have over 300 types of potatoes

In La Paz Festival Alasitas
 I arrived in La Paz for the Alasitas festival, the festival of small wishes where miniature goods are offered to the god of plenty.  You can find everything in miniature.. from small cards to small dollar bills.

Arrived in Sucre Bolivia and had my first chicha drink a local alcoholic drink made of corn.


This was our first lunch on the trek to Machu Picchu

Always a sucker for rainbows

Yes we could see snow capped mountains on our trek to machu picchu

Yes the Inca trail and trek to Machu Picchu was wet

Another meal during our trek to Machu Picchu
The view of Machu Picchu started off cloudy.. Ok we couldnt see it at all but eventually the clouds disappeared and became hot and sunny
View of Cusco

No comments:

Post a Comment